Friday, August 5

June Rush

Wow, I get to blog, quickly.  I know that these things happen over a year ago but I still wanted to document them.  It is just fun to see all the things that happened and how they were only a year ago too.
 
Working hard on the quilt for Sarah.  Finally doing some machine embroidery on it.  Of course Hope thinks (still) that anything I make must be for her.

Let Seth and Sarah have their first wishbone pulling game and what happens is it brakes evenly.  I've never seen that before so I guess they both get their wish.

Oh the joys of having kids eat at the table.
 
The kids helped with dad's father day gift.  We made him a massage shirt that I saw on Pinterest.  It took the kids a little while to get that it was okay to drive cars on daddy's back when he wears this shirt.

Spent lots of time in the pool this summer.  Although with the dog I think we need a bigger pool.

Enjoying my home grown flowers.
 
A major project!  I'm a little embarrassed to show this because I try really hard to keep a clean home but cloth covered chair for the kitchen table with kids is not a good mixer.  So the goal was to clean them up and protect them with something special.

A cooler Hope for the summer.
 
We have spent a lot of time coloring and painting this summer too. 
 
When it was too hot for a outdoor picnic we would just have one inside while watching a movie.
 
A water blob test. 
 
James got to ride as a big boy in the stroller and loves it.
 
I love the places a kid can fall asleep.
 
Another project off the list.  I've been wanting to do the kids initials on their bath towels for awhile and I'm glad that I finally got to it.  Although it didn't take me long to do so I'm kind of sad that it took me forever to get to it.

First visit for James to our local farmers market.  I love the market.
 
This was a sad and happy day in our house.  The sewing machine that has done countless projects with me, that has taken a really beating finally died.  Yes, I did cry a little and will miss my poor machine.  But the kids are happy because now they get to "play" with it and practice their sewing skills when mommy works with her new machine.

The kids trying to figure out the splash pad.  Funny how they preferred to jump in puddles then actually play in the water sprinklers.

Most exciting toy of the summer.  We got this play house for a great deal from a friend that didn't want it anymore.  The kids have spent countless hours in it and at times fight over how gets to play.  Even the dogs get in on the action too.

No comments: