This was such a big thing for me that it really needed it's own post. I have a aunt and uncle that live in Boise, Idaho. My uncle was diagnosed with a rare and fast cancer and was told he really didn't have much time left on this earth. I really REALLY wanted to go and see him one last time. So I talked with one of my doctors and got approval to go. It was very important to get that approval too since I am a very high risk pregnancy kind of gal.
Let me fill you in quick with what is happing for baby #4. He has some issues like: a single artery umbilical cord (only one in and one out). Most babies that has this issue are smaller than normal and are born early because they stop growing and it isn't safe for them to stay in any longer. Next, I had a lot of fluid around the baby which was very frustrating for my doctors because I was having a lot of low sugar numbers. Finally and most recent issue found was that the baby has a VSD or in simple words a hole in his heart. It has been pretty hard to take all of these things in but I have several doctors watching over him and me. So as you see it was important to get permission to go. I got it from one and decided not to tell the other that I was going on this trip. Especially since I was making it with three very young children by myself. Yeah, I'm crazy.
So off we went. The kids did really good all the way there. I was very impressed. We stayed with a cousin of mine and oh we had a blast! The next morning we hung out with my aunt and uncle as much as we could.
Sarah had fun playing with her second cousin. She really loved going down the slide with her.
Poor James was stuck with mommy and had to enjoy walking around the play ground.
After playing in the park we went back to my aunts place for lunch. Sarah got to hang out with another second cousin but this one was much closer in age to her. It was so cute to listen to them talk to one another.
After nap time and most of the other kids had gone home we enjoyed playing in the backyard together. The kids loved this wagon and I loved how it trapped them inside.
A little tired of all the pictures that I've taken that day.
After dinner with my cousins we went to another park to play. Such spoiled kids.
We don't have this kind of toy where we live so Seth was pretty excited to test it out.
That afternoon we had a nice surprise visit from my parents. We hung out with them at Costco for a little while. Seth had done so much that day that he tried to use a bag of pretzels as a pillow.
Although once refreshed he was ready to hang out with grandpa.
The other two were spoiled with love from grandma.














No comments:
Post a Comment