This year my main goal was to finish quilts that I have started in the past several years and to get them completely done. That is any stitching, top quilting/tying, and binding. I knew I was going to be loosing my sewing room and I didn't want to have to move a large pile of quilts into our room so I worked as hard as I could push myself. I didn't make as much progress as I had wanted too but I kept telling myself that any progress was better than none at all.
This is how it looked on the back. I even got brave enough to try my own style of flower too. It didn't turn out as great as I was hoping but at least I learned a lot from doing so.
On Seth's Valentine's Day quilt I also didn't get it done in time for the holiday and I tried a completely different method that I actually really liked and will be doing again soon. It is all strait lines and quite simple, which makes a good beginner quilting stitch, but it actually looks kind of hard.
Now I will confess but I haven't quite finished this quilt. I got the front done which was a big deal because the entire thing is mostly applique. A new technique that I wanted to try. It was hard at first to find a method that worked for me but once I had it down I was fine.
I just love all of the colors on this quilt and I am excited to hopefully get it finished soon so I can enjoy it on my bed for the fall seasons to come in the future. It is going to be super warm with the back fabric material I have set aside for it too. I can some reason see the kids fighting over having this quilt one day when they are older as well.
IT IS FINISHED!!!! IT IS FINISHED!!!! IT IS FINISHED!!! After working on this thing for over two years it has reached that great moment of finally being done and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I love the colors and the pattern that I did.
The hand stitching looks pretty good for what we could do and I am so thankful for my husband being a big help with pushing me to finish it and also helping me to do a lot of the hand stitch work too. Granted the quilt doesn't look perfect close up but it is still an amazing thing to see in my opinion.
One of my favorite parts in the back too because if you ever get sick of seeing the front you can flip it over and enjoy the back. I have really started to enjoy the reversible quilts. Especially with living in such a small house with limited space. Now I just have a few more quilts, I won't say the number, to finish and then I'll be all caught up.
1 comment:
amazing!!! Those flowers you quilted are incredible! All of them are fabulous though!
Post a Comment