Well since more time has passed since I have blog about Sarah it is only fare to finish off her pictures before this year is over, just like her brother.
I also like to get a picture of my kids enjoying their very first big thunder/lighting rain storm too. Thankfully my little girl takes after me in enjoying watching the rain fall. We were able to just sit here the entire storm and watch.
Just us girls got to go out and enjoy a quilt show together. I really love to quilt and it is so great to be able to share that joy I have with my daughter. It was also a lot of fun to have grandma all to ourselves for awhile too.
Since we were close to the temple and it was beyond a beautiful sunny day, which normally doesn't happen that time of year for this area, I took the kids to see it and get some fun pictures too.
Sarah's first time to see the ducky's in the pond close to the library. She didn't get to feed them but she would squeal with delight at having them be so close to us.
While close to the coast we went to the Tillamook factory and I let Sarah try her very first taste of ice cream. Silly girl actually didn't like it! I'm still shocked about this too because Seth loved the stuff and he had it at a younger age.
On the beach Sarah loved visiting the tide pools. She especially liked the clams and the feel that they had to them. She probably could have played there for an hour or more exploring everything.
With daddy back means fun rides on his shoulders. Yes, this always makes me nervous the first time that he does it but the kids love it so much that I try to be brave and think that they won't fall. Doesn't mean I'm not shadowing close behind though.
It was kind of funny but Sarah was a little confused when it came tot he pumpkin patch and what we were doing. She was just starting to get the hang of crawling so we had to carry her quite a bit but I think next year she will really enjoy running around and getting dirty like her big brother.
Getting bigger and bigger and starting to make that bear shrink with a little forced help. She just loves to play with Snowflake at nap time and bed time. I love Sarah's cute smile and personality that is coming through each month as she gets older.
Again for some reason our kids hardly ever fall asleep in their highchair so when they do I quickly grab the camera and take a picture because they don't sleep there very long when they do. Honestly this is the only time, as of yet, that she has ever fallen asleep here.
I can't believe what a bad mother I am but I almost missed doing an important first with Sarah. I had just about forgotten to take her to a park and let her have a go at the swings. I'm so glad that we did this because it was the last perfect weekend for our area and she just loved it. I know next year we will have to spend a lot more time at the swings.
Our Halloween tradition for the first one of the kids is to dress them up as their growing buddy animal. I'm super thankful that Sarah's animal was a polar bear because she had a white bear coat so I didn't have to actually do any sewing of costumes this year. Which is good because I'm not sure I would have had the energy to do so this time around.
Okay, we got some really cute pj's for Sarah and I just had to get a picture of her in them. I'm sorry but I get so excited when I see anything with my kids growing buddy on it, especially cloths.
Another must for our kids is to not be afraid of a mess and let them play in pumpkin gunk. Surprisingly Sarah was very neat about playing in it and hardly got anything on the floor or herself. She also only tried to taste it once and that was enough for her.
One of her favorite stuff animals is a little polar bear named Pearl that we got at her first trip to the zoo. She does such the sweetest things with her that it is hard to not get a picture of those moments.
Finally starting to stand up while holding things. Of course the main motivation is the movies which she knows she isn't suppose to get into by herself.
I love this picture of her because she just looks so grown up to me. I can see easily how she is becoming more and more beautiful each day and is no longer my little baby but a little person. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time.
Sarah's very first Thanksgiving and she was brave enough to actually try the turkey and get this....she liked it a lot! I was surprised because normally new things she tires she doesn't like right off.
Anytime spent with daddy is pretty special and Sarah totally knows how to spend that time in style with him. She certainly is a spoiled little princess at times and I'm okay with that right now.
Her very first visit to see Santa's deers and she loved them. She wanted to get closer and was frustrated that she couldn't so she ended up trying to talk to them. Not sure what she was saying but I'm wondering if she was telling them her Christmas list so they could tell it to Santa later.
Another month of growing goes by so fast and that is especially true when you keep busy at our house during the holiday's. She is such a fun and happy little girl when she isn't teething.
Here first Christmas was quite a special one for me because I wasn't sure if I would even get a chance to be a part of it or not. Thankfully I was and so glad that I didn't have to miss out. She had so much excitement over something she didn't fully understand that it makes me very anxious to see what she will be like in years to come.
Christmas morning happiness BEFORE she has even open up anything yet. I can just see this getting to be a higher and higher thrill for her today.
Funny enough Christmas Day she took her very first step. Poor daddy missed it twice. She hasn't done anymore since but I know it won't be too much longer before she is walking/running.
Daddy helping her to open her first gift. Honestly, she really didn't need too much help. Somehow she just knew what she was suppose to do and had fun with it.
Sarah with all of her spoils for that day and I'm sure from that expression that she couldn't be happier with everything that she got.
Another finally first, is that Sarah got to meet one of her uncles from daddy's side of the family. I'm happy that he was able to come and see her before she turned a year old too.
1 comment:
Cutie pie!!
Post a Comment