Monday, December 29

2014 Things to Remember

A lot of things happen in a year and so many of them are special and important to remember.  Especially for me when I have those moments of feeling like I have done nothing wonderful with my life or given my children enough experiences too.  I must say this is one reason I am very thankful for the countless pictures that I take because it helps me remember things like:
 
I love my country and the freedoms that I have.  I am thankful for my family members that served (and that are serving) in battles.  I am even more thankful for the things they taught me through their examples.

That even though most of the time I feel horrible about how I look, I CAN wear my wedding dress again after only one month of having a baby.  It may have taken several years to get to this point but HEY, I DID IT!

I love my grandparents L so much and miss them a ton.  I am heart broken that my children never got to meet them in this life but I am thankful that they have picked up some of their good looks and at times personalities too.

Any chance to see family, no matter how far, is always well worth the trip.  Even when those moments are for a short amount of time it is heaven on earth.

It is a gift to have those chances to say a last goodbye.

When taking a picture at a quilt show of the quilt your husband likes the most and some stranger asks if you made it just because you are taking a picture of your family with it enjoy that moment.  (Don't worry I said with a big smile, "No, but I wish I could do that.")

At times we all have to share our space with someone else. 
 
After any exercises, whether you are walking or not, it is good to cool down with sticking your tongue out of your mouth.

Big brothers have their moments of meanness
BUT
 
 Girls know how to give it back even harder.
 
When doing something new and for the first time, like taking part of a 5k race; it is a good idea to take a friend for support.  Even if that friend is just a baby.

Matching pj's CAN be fun!  Plus adorable.
 
Certain moments in life only happen once so be apart of them.

If you are wearing a shirt that says, "don't upset me I've got a big brother," than you might want to make sure that big brother isn't upset or the threat is meaningless.

Heavenly Father has his own timing for things.
 
In our family it is a good idea to sleep when you can no matter where you are.
 
Even while pregnant and thinking that I can't do much of anything since I'm a "high risk" pregnant lady I can surprise myself.  (I pushed that stroller all the way to the top of a waterfall and back down again.)

Just seeing fish swim can make a kids day.
 
Sand at the beach is a lot better then sand at home.  It comes with puddles when you dig.
 
I don't care who you are, getting four kids age one and under to NOT cry for a picture is a miracle!
 
I LOVE MY CAMERA!!!  Also sharks really like boys and....

Sharks hate girls.  (I tried to get a picture of one near Sarah but they all wouldn't swim near her.)
 
Even with a binky in space my daughter is adorable.  I am not looking forward to the day that she will actually grow up and have to move away.

 My son looks great no matter what he does.  He is so talented he really could do anything in life.
 
When Seth wants to help he is determined to do so.  Of course Sarah never really minds.
 
We have so many things to be thankful for both little and big.
 
Kids can share toys and still be happy.
 
Our dogs are still the oldest babies of our family and that is how it should be.
 
It is funny that Santa is scary
BUT
 
 Giving a gator a hug isn't.
 
I kind of wonder the things that I will learn next year but I am sure that whatever they are it will all be wonderful.

2 comments:

Sara R said...

ha ha...these pictures are awesome! and you look beautiful in your dress!

Koreena said...

Great recap of the year!