Wednesday, July 31

Solid Food

I honestly don't know why they call baby food "solids" because it is all mush in my opinion.  I also can't believe how much they charge for the food either.  It is crazy!  But now that Seth is getting older we are able to start him on baby food for at least any vegetables.
 
 As you can see someone is very excited to be a big boy and sit up in his high chair.  The best part of this high chair is that it has a toy attached to it to keep him busy while we get his food ready for him.

 Now because the baby food is so expensive and I also don't like that you don't know everything that goes into it we decided to try and make our own baby food.  We have a garden out back and last year I got a baby/toddler food cook book so we decided to try it out.  It really isn't hard to make the food at all.  It does take some time but we make a large amount to last us several feeding with our little man.

 The very first food that he got to try was carrots.  Reason being it is one of my favorite foods and it is also what we had on hand too.

 His first though was completely unsure what we were giving him and what he was suppose to do with it either.  I just love his expression here.

 After a little while he didn't like it cause he just wasn't understanding what he was suppose to do.  He even started to try and grab the spoon and throw the food around.  As you can see some is already on him.

 But in the end he actually really liked it and ate the entire amount all gone.  I'm proud that he was able to finish it too.

 The next food item that we tired was the rice cereal.  WHAT A MESS!  As you can see we must have watered it down too much because it was just getting all over the place.

 I don't know why but daddy had him in his lap to feed him.  This has been the first and the last time that I have seen him do this.  I guess daddy didn't like having to change him outfit after Seth was finished with his food.

We did learn that this little guy already likes to try and feed himself because he was enjoying holding the spoon and putting it into his mouth.  Still can't believe how big he has gotten.

No comments: