I have had some fabric, for a couple of years now, that I have meant to make into a quilt for myself. I have done quilts for so many other people that I thought it was time to do one for me again. The only problem was I couldn't figure out a pattern that I liked for the fabric colors that I had available. I also had a problem of some left over black fabric that was already pre-cut into some triangles that I didn't want to go to waste. I really don't like to toss out any of my fabric when I'm sure I can figure out another use for it. So after many creative pattern attempts to figure something out I decided I was done with that and just started to cut and sew things together and see what I would come up with. Well this is what I got.
 |
This quilt looks a lot better in a photo then in person. If you step into the room this quilt is kind of like a slap in the face with how bold it is and how the design is laid out. Now to be honest I don't normally make things this crazy but I kind of like it or at least it is starting to grow on me. I'm sure the quilt would have been a little more mellowed out if I was able to use some pink fabric that I had planned for it but being the quilter that I am I saw some other fabric that it went with better and made two quilts out of that combination. Now to be perfectly honest this quilt isn't finished yet. I still have a lot more sewing to do for it and then I have to put on a boarder but it is getting closer and it is fun to see what it is going to look like in the end.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment