Because it is Seth's very first Valentine's Day I wanted to make sure that I decorated the house cute. I know he won't remember this at all but it is still fun to do and to try and start some traditions now so I'll stay motivated to do them again in the following years to come.
 |
Some of the fun things I did was decorate the table with these adorable plates that I found on sale one year after the holiday had just ended. I have two pink ones and two red ones. I also have several red cups to add to the fun table decoration.
|
 |
My mother was super sweet and got me some window stickers to place on the back door. I know when Seth is older he is going to have a lot of fun rearranging these during the month.
|
 |
This is a very special decoration item that I made with the help of Seth last night. I went out to Michael's wood box and looked for a spare piece that I could make this little sign with. I then went through my paint supply and discovered that I still don't have any white paint. I keep on reminding myself to get some but never manage to do so. I was going to paint it white with red lettering and footprints but use what you've got so this is what I was able to do. Even though it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to I don't think it is that terrible at all.
|
 |
My mother also got Seth this adorable bib to wear today. When I got it in the mail I totally cried because it made me happy to think he was getting something extra special from his grandma for today. Another reason for the tears was that since I'm sick I thought I wouldn't be able to do anything special for my son's very first holiday so it meant a lot to me to have him get this gift.
|
 |
I know with Valentine's Day or really any holiday there is always a LOT of sugar involved but since I'm diabetic and don't want that kind of temptation in my house I have been trying to think of fun things we can do with our children that wont involve candy. Now I do know Seth is too little to even eat candy but I still don't want him getting use to the idea just yet so we got him this special book for the occasion. I've already read it to him several times and he does wonderfully with looking at the pictures while I read. I just know he is going to be one smart little guy.
|
 |
| Finally the girls are also dressed up for the holiday and spending as much time as they can with their little brother. He's just so popular in this house. Happy Valentine's Day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment