Our entire area only gets to have a quilt show happen once a year. I wait impatiently for the show to return so the entire family can go again. They only hold the show for two days. Last year I meet a girl that moved into our ward at the end of the quilt show. Then another gal that lives in my ward has started to get into quilting and I've been helping to answer questions and get her started on the process. I invited both of them to go with me this year, which my hubby was thrilled about since it meant that he didn't have to go. The only thing was that one girl could go the first day and the other girl could only go on the second day. Honestly I was totally fine with that because it meant that I got to really enjoy seeing the quilts and analyzing them for future project inspiration.
Well that was how it was suppose to go and it did for the most part except for one thing, my post pardon depression hit me hard on the first day of the quilt show. I hope it didn't show as we were going around looking at the quilts and I tried my very best to hide it. Now this post will really show how I felt because I didn't take to many pictures and normally I take a ton.
A totally different version of a denim quilt. The color layout is pretty fun.
I took a picture of this quilt for a friend that couldn't go to the quilt show. We are in a sewing group together and I think that she is just so amazingly talented. This quilt was also special for another reason.
It had Downtown Abby on it! Confession: I have never seen the show but my friend has so it was another reason to get a good picture of it for her.
This very brightly colored Sea Storm quilt was Sarah's favorite at the show so I got a picture of her next to it.
Now that is all. Like I said not much but that happens I guess when you have to battle with depression.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you were feeling down. Depression happens a lot more than people admit and I hope you are feeling much better. I have to go to this next year! It looks so fun! And I think you are amazingly talented. Your attention to detail is incredible!
Post a Comment