Monday, June 29

Walk to Ride

I really enjoy going on walks around the neighborhood because it is the one time a day that I am sure to have all the kids happy and quite.  YEAH!  I honestly was starting to go nuts because I couldn't take the baby out for awhile but when we got the okay to go I was totally off.  Of course I had to think how we were going to go for walks now with just my double stroller and three kids.  I thought it started out pretty good with Seth being old enough and wanting to walk.



Big brother was done with pictures and ready to go.

Although this is how we came back home.  Seth got tired of walking at one point and he decided that he wanted to ride.  Funny enough he fit into this small space and used the foot rest as a seat.  It actually works pretty well.

Who knew that a double stroller could be used as a triple.

 Now I always get a picture of the kids on their very first walk.  Sorry no dogs were allowed on this work or the next several until I felt like I had a good handle on the situation.  I have tried a few other walking methods with the kids but each one has a positive and a negative to it.  It is just too bad that walking isn't as simple as it use to be but I am determined to get that time in for myself.  It may be selfish but I need it to be a good mommy some days.

2 comments:

Sara R said...

Hardly! I bet your kids love going outside! I'm glad it works out so well! I hate being in this heat so I try to find reasons to stay inside but that is selfish and probably not good for my kids....

Monica said...

Actually we haven't gone on a walk in awhile because of the horrible heat. If I even do take the kids out we can really only walk to the mailbox and back before they are done.