Some how "Chick Day," has become a family tradition. What is chick day? Well in the city across from us there is a store that has one day that they call "Chick Day," were they sell baby chicks and ducky and have the local 4H kids club show off their cute animals that they have worked with. It is a lot of fun and the farmer in me loves every moment of it. I especially enjoy taking my kids and she what kind of little farmers they are too.
Sarah was trying really hard to figure out what the fluffy things were.
I tried to show the kids that the baby birds were very nice and that you could touch them too.
A sea of chicks.
You know how the farmer kid is in our family. He loved every minute of this.
After seeing the chicks we looked at the baby ducks. Seth really liked them and wanted to hold one. This was as much holding as I would let him do.
I was surprised that they were selling some puppies too.
They were selling miniature Aussie puppies and this one was mommy's favorite.
Of course he thought we needed to get this puppy so he didn't want to let go. Honestly, I wanted to get this puppy too but dad had to be the party pooper and say no. Still sad about it.
After seeing all of the animals inside we visited with the 4H animals outside.
Seth really liked how soft the sheep felt.
My kid with a kid. (he he he)
Seth was a little confused by what the horse was suppose to do but he was okay with petting it.
Sarah on the other hand made sure to have someone, anyone, between her and that large animal. Silly girl. I really thought that she was going to like the horse but maybe next year when she is slightly taller.
Seth got to meet a really cute bunny rabbit.
Seth also got to meet a genie pig too.
Soft but not as soft as the rabbit.
Once we got home to our animals we decided to have another chance to play farmer and give them, plus the plants, some water.
Sarah just loves to play in the water.
I think this time she was just surprised that water can come from the house.
2 comments:
You grew up on a farm? Too cool! You are good with animals so that would makes sense. Your kids are so cute
Actually I didn't grow up on a farm but with my love of animals and working outside in the garden I probably should have. My grandparents grew up on a farm and I think I just got the love of animals from them. I'm hoping that in a small way I can pass that down to my kids too.
Post a Comment