The entire time that we have lived in this area it has never snowed very much. When it does snow it melts really quickly so you can't play in it very long. It did snow when I was pregnant with Sarah but I was so tired and unable to lift Seth that we didn't get a chance to go out and play in it. The very first day that it snowed about Sarah's birth I made sure to take Seth outside to enjoy his first time in the wonderful white stuff.
Now I am a mean mommy and I pushed Seth down so he could learn how to make a snow angel. He was happy to see the angle imprint in the snow and I was going to take a picture of his first snow angle but the two dogs ran through it. I was not happy about that.
So one dog went inside while we made a second angle for him to get a picture with. I did have to keep telling Hope to stay way from this one until after the picture was done. We spent a few more minutes outside before I took Seth inside to warm up. I'm just happy he enjoyed his first time in the snow.
Now it was a total miracle but the snow stayed around for the next day too! I was thrilled about this because it gave daddy a chance to play in it with him. He had to show Seth that we can shape the snow into balls.
Seth was fascinated with how that worked but couldn't do it himself so daddy helped again. It actually made up realize that we needed to build a snowman for Seth.
The snow wasn't perfect for packing down so we couldn't make a super big one but we got what we could. Seth was still pretty pleased with what we did have and actually tired to help us make it again and again. I now can't wait for him to be a bit bigger so we can take him sledding. I'm sure he is going to love that one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment