After waiting for what seemed like forever I finally got a call from the hospital telling us we could come in to be induced. Well that was great except for it was starting to get late and that meant getting Seth to the babysitter fast but really I was so ready to have this baby that I was okay with that. A sister in our ward that hasn't watch him before was so sweet and took him for the night for us. It was such a relief to have the help and I knew he was going to be fine with her, she is amazing!
At the hospital it is pretty hard for me to do much of anything but stay in bed and wait. That is so the worst part! Thankfully my sweet hubby was with me the entire time and slept in the chair right next to me so I could get him if I needed anything.
After being in the hospital for several days and having them do another ultrasound after they broke my water because they couldn't tell if she was head down anymore (which she still was) and getting two epidurals because the first one didn't work/last very long our little girl arrived. YEAH!!! I think she is very beautiful and I feel so blessed that she made it here safely. She was actually a lot easier then Seth. I only had to push three times and they told me on the second time to hold it/stop so the doctor could make it in time.
Funny enough with all of the ultrasounds I had they told me that she was going to be bigger then Seth. They said she was going to be 6 lbs. and 15 oz. However when I got that last ultrasound in the hospital before she was born the doctor told me that she was much smaller then that. He guessed that she would be 6 lbs. and 3 oz. Well she was born weighing 6lbs. and 7 oz. and was 18.5 inches long. I must say that I am so thankful that she was small cause it means that I did really good with my sugar numbers during my pregnancy.
My little girl and I meeting each other for the first time. Honestly I don't think I look to bad for just having a baby. I didn't get to hold her for awhile because they cleaned her up and I was having a few problems. Nothing to terrible I think/hope. I was just throwing up a lot and couldn't stop shaking for a bit and then they were trying to get me to stop bleeding but no worries cause I am fine now.
Because of how hard the last bit of recovery was with me and the bleeding I wasn't able to get up for a bit but I didn't want to miss our girls first bath so the nurse was kind enough to do that in our room so I could be there.
As you can see she is a skinny long girl but still a very cute little girl. I am just so happy that she is here and gets to be a part of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment