Wednesday, February 26

Now We Have Siblings

I was so excited for Seth to meet Sarah but a little worried because of the IV's in my arms.  I could just see him pulling on those and really hurting me so we didn't have Seth come in to meet his sister until the nurses had taken those out.  I think the visit went really well.
 
 Our first family picture with the newest addition.  As you can see Seth is not totally sure what to think of this new situation.

 I was glad to know that he really missed me and was happy to see me again.  He wanted to be held right away which was fine.

 I am glad that he started to notice his sister once he had said a proper hello to me.  Although to be honest he was much more interested in her hat then her.  I know he just needs more time to realize that she is staying with us forever.

 Some loves from daddy are always welcomed; especially when mommy is feeling a little tired.  I don't know about you but I think she looks a lot like her daddy in some ways.

 The hospital gave us this cute little hat that someone had made and donated to the hospital.  I thought it was great because of how girly it is compared to just the normal white hat we got with Seth.  Although I am sad that her hospital blanket and Seth's are the exact same one.  She did have a really cute pink one but she spit up on it so much that they took it to be washed and we never saw it again.  She did get another blanket that was different but then she spit up all over that so this is what was left.  Who knows but maybe this is what she wanted all along and was telling us by spiting up on them.

Finally after a fun night of little sleep and Sarah getting her stomach cleaned out we were, surprisingly, allowed to go home the next day.  This is her going/coming home outfit that we picked especially for this day.  Now it is time for the real adventure to begin.

No comments: