Tuesday, October 27

Women's Retreat

One of the ladies in my ward does this women's retreat for people in the ward, their families, friends and neighbors are also invited if they want to go too. No kids where allowed to come along; just grown up girl time. IT WAS A TON OF FUN!!! This is the very first one that I have ever been on and I so can not wait to go to next years either. So many things happened during this short over nighter trip/activity that there is no way that I could tell you them all but I did take some fun pictures and that will give you just a glimpse of what happened. I wish I could put them all up here but hey you get what I can do.We did a big group picture of us going on the women's retreat this year. Well at least the ones of us that meet at the meeting house before we left for all of the fun.We all slept in the big lodge building at camp Zarahemla. This is what the side of the building looks like. It sure was big and a good thing to since there was a lot of us that had to fit in it.This is a view of the living room area from the bunks above on the second floor. I also have to say that the fireplace was amazing at keeping the entire building warm and then some. It never really got cold that night, well for me it didn't.After we were all done unpacking and settled a lot of us went outside to explore around the camp. The group that I was with found this great obstacle course to play on and we did have a ton of fun too.Another thing that we found while exploring was this abandoned camp entrance post so we took it over. Getting in was a fun challenge but we still were able to do it and boy is that a fun story.This is what some of the cabins looked like around the camp. Kind of a funny shape I know but doesn't it make you think of a ginger bread house, especially with the Christmas lights on?The camp that we were at also had a lake and since it had been raining and the lake was the only area with enough space to look for a rainbow we had to go and see if we could find one. I'm so glad that we did. This picture does not do any justice to the beauty that we saw that day.We are all looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and for this rainbow it should be somewhere in the lake. We never did find it but that is okay.It was nice to just be able to enjoy the peace of the area and being outside in nature again.How can you not just love this view, really? I don't know how anyone could not. It is just to beautiful and peaceful to not love.While we were walking around I saw this little tree and just had to take a picture of it. This picture actually means a lot of things to me for what the little tree or even what the big trees could symbolize. Once we were finished exploring we had dinner and did some great activities. I'm not going to tell you them. If you really want to know then you will just have to find a way out here so that you can come next year with me and if you are a guy well all I can say is sorry and tuff luck!The next day for one of the things that we did was work on a project/craft; we made necklaces. Mine didn't turn out that great but I still had fun trying to make it look nice. After that the day went by very quickly.QUILTING MOMENT!!! Since we are talking about crafts I had to put this bit in too. Inside the lodge they had this quilt hanging on the wall and it was just incredible to look at. I wish I was talented enough to do something like this but at least it gives me a great goal to work towards.Our fearless camp director so deserved a quick nap from all that she had done to put this great event together for us.Well this years women's retreat has come to an end and here are the women that survived the outdoors. What? You say that we have less women in this picture then the first one? I guess you should all know that we did lose some ladies but only before we took the picture. The ones that are not in this picture just left a few minutes before we had taken it but they are all fine. Worried you a little didn't I? I think the one sad thing is that the retreat ended so soon but I am very glad that I went because it gave me a chance to know the sisters in my ward so much better. Now I just have to wait for another year to go again. Hope I can wait that long.

No comments: