My favorite part about Halloween was always caving the pumpkins. I just love the messy feeling that they give you and they also aren't that bad to clean up from. Don't get me wrong. I do love the getting candy part too and it was great to do Trick-or-Treating as a kid but as you get older you really can't do that without people looking at you strangely and possibly calling the police on you too. Anyhow, we did carve pumpkins this year and here is how it turned out.
The night that we did our pumpkins we had also gotten some Halloween decorations too. The table cloth on the floor was part of the decorations that we got. I do have to say one thing about the table cloth and pumpkin carving. Never ever carve pumpkins on a table cloth that is the same color as your pumpkins insides/outsides because it makes it a lot harder to see where you need to clean up at.
Hope making sure that I was cleaning the pumpkin out properly. It was really hard to get my pumpkin clean because the inside was really weird. Like it was a funny fall apart stringy thing. Michael did have it tuffer though. His pumpkin was actually a little rotten on the top so it didn't have a lid, just a hole in its head (he he he).
I guess I didn't clean out the pumpkin good enough for her. I sure love how my little Hope is not afraid of getting a little messy herself.
My pumpkin is the vampire one on the left and Michael's is the totally cool one with the ears on the right. He always does a better job on his pumpkin then I do on mine. We also got a pumpkin for Hope but we didn't carve that one the same night that we did ours. I actually carved Hopes pumpkin while a friend of mine, from our ward, carved hers at our place. We had a lot of fun that night too. I am sad to say that I didn't take any pictures of Michael and me carving our pumpkins or even my friend and me caving the pumpkins like I normally do because I just got way involved into it to remember. I almost didn't get a picture of Hopes pumpkin at all either. I just barely remembered that I didn't have a picture of hers before we tossed them away.
Hope's pumpkin is the one on the bottom right winking at you. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. The pumpkins did look great all lit up but again I didn't get a picture of them like that but it is okay at least you got to see what they looked like. I sure hope you all got a chance to carve pumpkins too and I hope you all have a great Halloween this year too.
No comments:
Post a Comment