Tuesday, March 10

A Fresh New Look

Michael and I had this deal a long time ago that if I let him get something that he has wanted then we get to paint the last room, the living room.  Well he ended up getting what he wanted and gave me a few days to pick a color before he would start painting.  AHHH!!!  It is hard to pick a color that you are going to love under that much pressure but I did it.
 
The beginning of the crazy weekend ahead of us.  Sadly, Michael wasn't feeling to well but he still managed to keep going.  Now that is love for you.

While we have lived with the interesting colors that the last home owner picked, until we could paint them over, I think the living room has been the most interesting in discovering what they had done.  As we were paint prepping we discovered that the entire ROOM use to be this dark red.  It is a very bold thing to do.

Then we made the discovery that before the red the house was this funny orange color.  Really I don't know why but I am glad that they listened to a staging person and painted this room over or we might not have bought the place.

Now while we worked hard the kids got to help.  Sarah was the best supervising manager from the center of the room.

Seth enjoyed watching mommy and daddy and wanted to copy us so we let him with the dry wall and a clean roller.  The kid didn't know that he wasn't really doing anything but he was so happy to help.

Onto the next area and the room is already brighter that I am very happy with the color.
 
It took us two days to paint the room and put everything back into place.  If you know us at all you will understand how amazing that is for our family. 

1 comment:

Sara R said...

whoa! You guys are such hard workers! It looks great. Excellent choice!