I really look forward to those major milestones my children will have in their lives and I can't think of a better one than their first birthday. It just amazes me to see how much they change in such a short time frame. I wanted Sarah's first birthday to be extra special since it wasn't going to be how I had pictured it in my mind. I was/am still recovering from my C-section so the older two kids have been going to friends houses for the day and I knew that for her birthday she wouldn't be with me much of the time so it made me even more determined to make sure she had a good day when she was here. I also still wanted to do our normal traditional things that we do.
I tired my hardest to decorate the house cute for her too. I stayed up late to get it just right. I know she isn't going to remember this but it was still important to me to do for her.
I even had my sweet husband run out to the store and get her a special table cloth for her birthday. I feel lucky that I married such a sweet man to do such a thing for me.
The easiest tradition to do was to take a picture of Sarah at the very exact time she was born. I love doing these pictures. You know how people get excited to count down the time for New Years? Well I get excited for my kids birthday so much that I count down the time until I get to take this kind of picture. Yes, I'm a little nuts when it comes to my kids.
I thought before breakfast I would try to get a good month milestone picture of Sarah with her growing buddy and I'm glad that I did this because it was so much easier and a much better picture than the one above. My kids do great with getting their pictures taken in the morning rather than the evening.
Now that I'm done with my little photo session it is time to PARTY!
A breakfast for a princess to enjoy. Of course the balloon had to come along.
Sarah really ate it up.
At one point I started to get a little creative with the coloring. I wanted it to be fun and girlly. All of the cakes are vanilla flavoring.
I made heart shape cakes for us girls with vanilla frosting (since that is my favorite) and star shape cakes for the boys with chocolate frosting (since that is daddy's favorite). I also added those little hard sugar decorative things that you see too. Although I will never do that again because they taste awful.
The finished birthday girl's cake. Thankfully it doesn't look to bad.
Trying to put the entire thing in her mouth all at once. Funny girl.
I gave her the cake with the pink coloring because I think it turned out the best with all of the little cakes that I had made. I'm just glad that she liked it so much.
1 comment:
cute traditions! what a sweet girl
Post a Comment