It has been awhile since I have posted anything about the somewhat exciting things going on with our family. I guess running after three children will do that to a blog. But I did want to share some of the things that we have done this summer starting with May.
At the celebration they even had a fire truck for the kids to play on. Seth is my super brave boy and loved being on the truck but Sarah had a little harder time being comfortable with it. I'm sure she would have done better if the older kids weren't going so nuts around her.
Every now and again I can be a fun mom and do something special with the kids. Like indoor pretend camping for nap time. Each kid got to have a sleeping bag and chill on it while we watched a movie together before our, "quite time."
At the start of summer we did a LOT of water time things but mostly playing in the pool. The kids discovered how much fun it was to add the slide and had to have it in the pool every time ever since.
James didn't get to go swimming yet because of how much the older too splash. I also didn't want to mess with that all by myself. However, Sarah was a sweet sister and would check on James several times to make sure he was okay and having fun too.
I love seeing these two hang out together so much. It makes life a lot easier when they get along so well. This day we decided to have some retro game fun. Both kids are playing a Pokémon game on the old game boy systems.
Finally the half of the back yard is done being weeded and seed planted. Plus a few fixes to the sprinklers to make sure it won't dry out again. We also added a another tree ring in the back (closest to the right) of the yard.
One reason that I love this month so much is that my grandmothers flowers always bloom on Mother's Day. I like to think of it as a sweet gift from her in a way. I do miss her a ton but these flowers always makes the pain a little more bearable.
With all the running around we do to play groups, stores, appointments and such I'm really surprised the kids don't crash like this more when we get home.

No comments:
Post a Comment