Thursday, August 25

Sippy Cups

Here is another Winnie the Pooh character cross stitch that I was able to finish quickly. This project I have been waiting at least four years to do and it only took me three days to do! How sad is that?I have a booklet of fun Winnie the Pooh cross stitch patterns and I saw this adorable sippy cup one and just had to do it. I thought our future children would love it just as much as I do. When I got the sippy cups I noticed that the canvas count was much smaller then what it is in the book and I got the exact product the tell you to get in the booklet. Yes, this is really starting to get frustrating dealing with all of these problems. I had to take the pattern and shrink it down. It took some hard thinking but Michael and I figured out a way to do it. Maybe one day I’ll take a picture of how we rigged it up but for now you’ll just have to wonder. Once I was done making a smaller pattern to fit the cup it then took me two days to get both cups done. I must say that I will NEVER work on a project like this again! Oh it was so much harder then what I thought it was going to be. The main problem was that the canvas was plastic so I couldn’t do my normal thread tying techniques that I do for the start. I also didn’t have a hoop that would fit on it so I had to hold it and that was hard to keep it positioned well enough to work with. If any of you want to try this type of project go ahead it is worth the cute product in the end. All I need now is some cute kiddies to test it out on.

2 comments:

dyan said...

Monica! You do such good work. All your projects are darling.

Where are you hanging Faith & Hope's cross stitch?

You've had this talent forever, glad to see you're not letting it get rusty.

Can't believe the summer is almost over, so glad I got to visit w/ you for a minute anyway.

Monica said...

Thanks Dyan. I'm thinking of putting Hope and Faith's cross stitches over their beds. I'm also thinking about making blankets for their beds to match those in the cross stitches. We'll have to see about hat one though but it sure would be cute.