Monday, May 9

Woman Appreciation Day

Just so you know YESTERDAY was 'Woman Appreciation Day.' Most of you probably know it as Mother's Day and that is what I would call it too a few years ago. But since I am not a mother, unless you count that to a turtle and some dogs, this title works better for me. For some reason this year has been harder on me then the others. I think it is because of the new ward we are in and how EVERYONE (it seems) has a few kids except us. I also have a calling where I get the joy of helping set up meals for newly expectant mothers. Michael could see, and probably hear, how down I was so he got me a special gift for 'Woman Appreciation Day.' Her name is Violet.I think she is really pretty and I love her coloring. She is kind of shy but very nice. She already sits on your finger and she hasn't tried to bite either one of us so far. We aren't sure if she is totally healthy cause she hasn't gotten a drink yet, mind you we got her on Saturday so that is a day and a half without drinking water. She also just barely started eating. Violet started to make noise too, little chirps here and there. Michael and I are hoping that she is only acting like this because she is shy/scared but we will have to see. Here is a picture of her back feathers.I know it looks more blue in the picture but in person she is more stormy purpleish blue. You might also be wondering how she is doing with the dogs. I'm happy to report really well. They don't mind each other at all which is a comfort to me. But that is pretty much the newest member of the family, beautiful little Violet.

1 comment:

Erin Lafleur said...

Mothers Day can be a rough one. The year Ben passed away just a month or so before I wanted to rip apart the calendar when I saw it was Mothers Day, it just hurt too much. I love how you have turned it into Women's appreciation and made it a positive day for you. You are such an amazing woman and truly one to be celebrated.