Wednesday, April 13

Early Morning Realization

A couple of nights this week I have been having trouble sleeping. I wake up at strange times and have a hard time going back to sleep. This really hasn't been to much of a problem for me in the past. Normally I would get up and clean, read a book, work on a project or write a letter to my little brother. At one point I really enjoyed getting up that early because of all the things I could get done before the day actually started. I'll be honest, I kind of enjoyed the free time to do whatever I wanted; such a luxury!

However tonight I have come to the realization how things have and are going to be different for awhile. First off if I wake up, then that means I wake up Faith. When Faith wakes up I have to take her outside, no matter how cold it is; luckily not to bad tonight. When Faith goes outside that means Hope also wakes up and wants to go outside too. Once we come back inside the house both girls want to eat which is WAY to early to allow so they have to be content with a drink of water. After their drink they want to play and I have to get them to settle back down so they don't wake up Michael. Then when I finally get the girls to go back to bed I have to go back to bed myself so Faith wont cry and wake Michael up.

I know that this really isn't that big of a deal but it is to me. I feel like the only time I can actually do anything is during Faiths nap time and that is starting to get shorter. I have never been able to get all of the things that I need to do done during that time either so I have to wait for Michael to get home so he can watch her and I complete my list of things. But what really happens is that Michael and I have to work on some house project and so my list waits until the next day. I guess the thing that frustrates me the most is that my outlet (blogging obviously) is getting pushed to the side. I know it was pushed to the side before Faith came along but it has helped me realize just how much I need to do something fun for myself again. Like the saying goes, "If mom is happy, then everyone is happy." IT'S SO TRUE!

Now my only problem is finding the right time that I can do something for myself. For now I guess late nights and early mornings will have to do. Hopefully I'll be able to post more about the things that have been going on here. Just please continue to be wonderful and supportive with your comments. It is really nice to know that someone out there cares about me and what is happening in my life. Also, granted, it makes me want to write more too. By the way, I'm sure you have been wondering why I'm able to write this post seeing as how it is early and I have that Faith issue that I was talking about. Well I've learned that it is less of a challenge if I just make her sleep by me when I'm working on my blogging.

No comments: