Monday, August 9

Locks of Love

I'm sure you have heard these words before. Maybe you have even seen their website on how you can donate your hair to help others that need it. My niece Emi has donated her hair to them before. She is an amazing girl because she also is a special needs child. She has donated her hair TWICE to Locks of Love. I have really admired her for doing this. It is something that I have wanted to do before but I could never stand to have my hair be very long.
.
Well with us moving to a new area and being away from my mother and sister who normally cut my hair for me and not really ready yet to have Michael cut my hair again I decided I would just let it grow out. It didn't take too long (or at least it seemed that way) before my hair was at a length that was starting to drive me crazy. But I still wasn't ready for it to get cut off yet. After a bit it did get to a point where I didn't mind the length and was actually able to do some fun hair styles. However, nothing last forever and it was starting to bug me again. I was now ready for it to be cut but once I knew how long it was I realized that this might be my only chance to donate it to Locks of Love. It was still a little short of the amount it has to be to donate it but I decided that I had gone this far why not all the way? .So I did! Here is how long it got to be.Now here is my hair after I finally got it cut and was able to donate it to Locks of Love.ITS SO FLIPPING CUTE!!!! I'm really glad that I was finally able to do this and instead of giving the minimum of ten inches I got eleven cut off. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but it is to me. I'm really glad that I won't have people pulling my hair when they try to give me a hug or put their arm around me anymore. I'm also glad that I wont accidentally pull my own hair anymore, it hurts a lot. Oh! I also wont wake up with headaches either! I think that was the worst thing about having my hair that long. Even if I braided it at night it would still end up getting pulled somehow and I would feel terrible in the morning. It has been heaven to wake up for the last couple of days and not have a headache. But the best part of it all is knowing that someone out there is going to have their day made because of something simple that I did. Hopefully when I try to do this again it will go much smoother.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats really cool that you did that!! Maybe I will just let my hair grow out, then donate it to them? I really just want to cut it off right now, but maybe I will try it.

dyan said...

I love the new length of your hair.

Cami said...

Monica,
Thank you so so much for all your nice comments! They make my day! It's been fun to read over your blog as well. Life seems to be treating you well. I think it is so cool that you did the locks of love. I have never been patient enough to let my hair grow that long. I really admire you for doing that.
Take care!
Cami